Tuesday 29 October 2019

I Didn't Mean To Finish the Checker Board Rails Quilt So Quickly!

On Monday I got the Checker Board Rails leader and ender quilt on the frame.  Just before I started quilting, I noticed something not quite right with one of the checker board rails but it is going to have to stay that way!


I quilted a row of X's and O's and I meant to leave it at that and quilt a row here and there over the next few days but before you know it I only had three rows left to quilt.


On Tuesday, since I was so close to finishing, I had to quilt the last three rows.  Here's the front all quilted.


And the back.


And since the binding was already made and waiting I went ahead and bound the quilt too.  The lighting wasn't great outdoors, but here's a picture of the finished quilt back


and front.  I really like the checkered binding!


I'm going to get this quilt in the wash and then get a final picture of this quilt and the two Christmas Present Quilts in good lighting and after "crinkage" (crinkling due to quilting and shrinkage due to washing).

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete