Thursday 3 October 2019

Dear Jane Quilt, 95 Blocks Plus 1 Triangle

B5  I paper pieced this block.



B6  I pieced this block.  I didn't notice until I took the photo that I should have had one more round of triangles on it but I am happy with it the way it is...




B7  I appliqued this block.  It's not my best work so kind of glad the contrast between the black and blue fabric is not showing up well...



B8  I pieced the centre part of the block and "cathedral windowed" the melons.



B9  I pieced this block with red and white striped fabric and really liked it but it did not fit into the colour plus black theme.  I used a marker and coloured the white lines black but it is not good enough to use so I made a second block.



L5  I pieced this block.



L6  I probably should have paper pieced this block, but I pieced it.  It's a little bit warped but I am not making it over...



L7  I pieced this block.  If I had thought about it a bit more, I would have reversed the colours so there was more blue than black in the block.  Without meaning to, I reversed the colours in the centre.



L8  I pieced this block.



L9  I pieced this block and it turned out really well.



TR6  I paper pieced my first triangle border block!!!  If you look closely there is supposed to be a tiny melon appliqued at the tip of the top diamond but I don't think it's necessary.



So, now I have 95 blocks of 169 and 1 triangle of 56 or 96/225 which is 42% done.

Here's what the 95 blocks look like together.


I am still having so much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment