Sunday 27 October 2019

Two Christmas Present Quilts Finished

On Thursday I finished quilting the second half of the first Present Quilt.  Here's a picture of the wonderful texture of the quilting on the backing fleece.


I decided to go ahead and self bind the quilt by rolling the fleece backing around to the front.  First I had to miter the excess fabric off the corners.  The binding went really well and looks great.


On Friday I got the second present quilt on the frame and quilted the whole thing.  I didn't get any sewing done on Saturday, but on Sunday I self bound the second quilt too.  Here they both are hanging on the line.  I just love the texture of the quilting on the fleece backing.


Just because I like it so much, here's a closeup of the backing texture.


Here are the quilts from the front.


And blowing in the breeze.


Here's a close up of one of the quilt blocks and a bound edge.


I only had a little bit of thread left from two 250 metre spools of thread which was used in the bobbins only which means I used almost a kilometre of thread quilting and binding these two quilts!


I had so much fun quilting these two quilts that I pieced together some backing fabric so I can go ahead and start quilting the  Checker Board Rails Quilt next.

No comments:

Post a Comment