Wednesday 23 October 2019

Quilting the Present Quilts

I started making one of these quilts in December of 2018 and had two different present quilts sewn together into completed tops by March of 2019.  You can see previous blog posts by clicking on this link.  I have been wanting to try fleece as a quilt backing for awhile and since these two quilts are both lap size I thought a nice cozy fleece backing would be a good fit.  As a bonus, I can use the same colour fleece for both quilts so only have to load the backing fabric on the frame once.  We are cat sitting for my daughter so one of her cats, Quincy, was "snoopervising" as I loaded the fleece on my frame.


I decided to use a pantograph called leaf and berry by Golden Threads.


I used green thread in the bobbin to match the fleece backing and off white thread on the top because the background of the top is off white.  Here is what the quilting looks like both on the top of the quilt and on the rolled up fleece backing. 


I'm half way through quilting the first quilt and I'm loving how the quilting is giving the fleece an embossed look.  At the fabric store they suggested rolling the fleece to the front for binding.  I will have to see if I like the look of that or not....

No comments:

Post a Comment