Thursday 17 October 2019

Rail Fence Comfort Quilt Finished

Yesterday I made some scrappy binding and bound the guild's rail fence comfort quilt I had finally quilted the day before.  Oops, I see I missed trimming a thread.


It is very wet and windy here today so an indoor shot will have to do for this quilt as I will hand it in at my guild meeting tonight.


It is made out of 90 6" finished rail fence blocks set 9 across and 10 down so mathematically it measures 54.5" x 60.5"  After "crinkage" (crinkling due to quilting + shrinkage due to washing) it is 52" x 58", a nice lap or child sized quilt.  I used a piece of really soft donated fabric printed with rope swirls for the backing and just had to add a small piece of checkered flannel fabric in one corner.


I kind of like that word, "crinkage".  I googled it but could not find that it had been used anywhere.  Have I invented a new quilting term?

No comments:

Post a Comment