Tuesday 15 October 2019

Sewing for Thursday Night's Quilt Guild Meeting

I started off this morning by finishing the two pillow cases I had almost finished for last meeting.  I would make one more but I don't really have any more suitable fabric right now.  These two aren't as nice and colourful as the first seven I made but maybe someone who plays an instrument or enjoys music will appreciate them.  These will go to Ryan's Case for Smiles and be given to children and youth who have extended stays at the IWK Children's Hospital.


I have had this quilt on the frame for a couple of months now but had not put a single stitch in it.  I knew what quilting design I wanted to do so I got out my manual and oiled my machine and got to it and around 4:30 this afternoon I had the quilting done and the quilt trimmed and ready for binding.  These rail fence blocks were made by members of my quilting guild and sewn together at a charity quilting day at one of our local quilt shops.


Here's a close up of the quilting called filigree.  I tried to keep my loops consistent.....


So now I have two days to get the binding made and sewn on and the quilt washed and ready to donate.  Should be easily doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment