Wednesday 2 October 2019

Review September Priorities and Set October Priorities

Before I review September's priorities, I would just like to say that due to Hurricane Dorian, I lost at least a week of sewing time due to a tree knocking the electrical mast off my father's house and also a broken tree leaning over the electrical supply line at the cottage.  Also I did not take into consideration that while the power was off hand sewing would not be possible because of insufficient lighting.


Review of September's Priorities

1.  Make a label for Ainsley and Jack's wedding quilt.  Partly Done. I have not finished the label, but I have it half embroidered.  The circular crease is from the embroidery hoop.


2.  These next three items all had the deadline 19 September, which was our first guild meeting of the year:
  • Finish a few more pillow cases for "Ryan's Case for Smiles".  Partly Done.  I handed in 7 and have 2 more more almost done.
  • Make a bag for the quilt challenge.  Done
  • Quilt a comfort quilt.  Not Done
3.  Quilt one of my own quilts.  Not Done

4.  Continue working on my Dear Jane ongoing quilt project.  Done.  I have made 10 more blocks and 1 triangle!!!  I plan to have a Dear Jane blog post tomorrow.

5.  Start cutting the fabric for my son Bryan and fiance Catherine's Wedding Quilt to be finished for 18 July 2020.  Partly Done.  I did not actually cut anything but I did make a cutting plan.  I now know how many strips of each fabric I have to cut and then sub-cut so I will get all the pieces I will require for this quilt from the fabric I chose.

So the only two things I did not work on at all were quilting two quilts.

I also made two folded Log Cabin or Manx Log Cabin blocks and worked on hand quilting some hexagon flowers.


October's Priorities

1.  Finish the label for Ainsley and Jack's wedding quilt and make a hanging sleeve for the quilt as well.  Ainsley has just recently decided she would like to hang the quilt in their bedroom rather than risk the kitties damaging it.

2.  These items have a deadline of 17 October, our next guild meeting:
  • Finish 2 to 3 more pillow cases for Ryan's Case for Smiles
  • Quilt a comfort quilt
3.  Quilt one of my own quilts for a Christmas present.

4.  Continue working on my Dear Jane ongoing quilt project.

5.  Cut all the fabric for my son Bryan and fiance Catherine's Wedding Quilt to be finished for 18 July 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment