Friday 1 February 2019

A Flat Windowed Zippered Bag

Today I made another windowed zippered bag but this one doesn't have a boxed bottom so it is flat like a large envelope.  I looked at several tutorials and then did my own thing based on the size of fabric I had.  I ended up binding the sides and bottom since I didn't have a big enough piece of fabric for the backing to self bind with.  Here's the bag which measures 13" x 11".


I made some hexies to fancy up the inside of the bag.  It also makes it look like you've got some handwork already on the go.  For those of you who know me well and are aware of my allergy to handwork, before you ask, "Who are you and what have you done with Kathy?", I can reassure you that I sewed the hexies together using the sewing machine and then top stitched them by machine to the bag lining.  I thought I was really careful with aligning the fussy cut birds but after I had the entire bag put together, I realised that one of the hexies is not oriented the same as all the others.  Oh well!  Here's a close up through the vinyl of the hexie flower.


I took a picture of the back of the bag, but it didn't turn out well.  It was just one piece of fabric so wasn't that interesting anyway.  I had to buy a zipper and some coordinating thread, but everything else I already had.

1 comment:

  1. These zippered bags are very cool! So many possibilities. It made me think I'd like to make some reusable bags too.

    ReplyDelete