Friday 8 February 2019

Friday Finishes (3) and Starts (2)

Yesterday I finished the Heart Lattice cushion cover.  It turned out fine for something I made off the top of my head.  I quilted it on the diagonal down the centre of each lattice but it didn't seem like enough so I quilted it again on each side of the diagonal lattices which made this nice pattern on the backing fabric.  I was using up some old polished cotton since it will never be seen.




I bound it with the same fabric as the  background.  Here's the finished front.






And here's a picture of it in a chair from the front and also a shot of the envelope back. 

It was a really dull day so the pictures are kind of dull too unfortunately.




Here's the Bug Comfort quilt all quilted and bound with turquoise leaf fabric and all washed and shrunk up nice and snugly. 

The Bug Mug Rug turned out pretty cut too.













And here are the flannel backs.









Here's a close up of the quilting on the quilt.  I quilted loops all over it like the bugs and butterflies crawling and flying everywhere.  And look, the butterflies on the backing flannel have loopy trails too.


I was happy that I was able to capture "Live Life Green" and the frog on the back of the Bug Mug Rug.


And just because it's so yummy, here's another shot of the texture in the quilt.










Since I was on a roll, I sewed some more bits and pieces of left over flannel together so I have a backing ready for the next quilt.














And speaking of next quilts.....  Today I kept seeing Tree of Life blocks as I was reading my favourite blogs and my friend Marilyn is making a Tree of Life Quilt, so I decided I need a Tree of Life block too.


It finished at 23".  I think I will trim it down to 20" and make another cushion cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment