Thursday 14 February 2019

Finished Tree of Life Cushion Cover and Progress on Cat Applique Sewing Machine Cover

Yesterday was a snow day so I was able to skype sew with my sewing buddy Marilyn during the work week.  I worked on fusing the applique cat which will become the front of my sewing machine cover.


Here he is with just a few quilting lines drawn on him in white chalk, but it brings him to life.  I can already tell he is mischievious and is going to cause some mayhem in the sewing room.  Whenever I can't find anything, I'll be able to blame it on him!


Today I quilted and bound the Tree of Life Cushion Cover.  Here's what the quilting looked like from the back.  I did some orange peel quilting in the branches of the trees.  I think they look like leaves.


Here's the envelope back and binding.


And here's the front.


I will have to get another cushion form so I can use it and take another picture with it stuffed.

2 comments:

  1. He certainly does look mischievous-- Like Quincy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it's finished, it would fun for them to "meet"!

      Delete