Thursday 7 February 2019

Dear Jane Quilt, C8, C9, C10, C11 & D11

I made C8 last Thursday at my Dear Jane Group meeting.  I used Susan Gatewood's instructions to paper piece the centre of the block.


C8 close up.


I also made C10 at my Dear Jane Group by making four over sized half square triangles and trimming them down to size and simply piecing this block.  I purposely switched the background fabric and the main fabric as I felt the block would have been too dark otherwise.


C10 close up.


On Monday I made two more Dear Jane Blocks and started a third.  I made C9 by glue basting the applique shapes over freezer paper forms and machine sewing them in place.  Applique is not my strong suit.


C9 close up.  Sorry for the shadow on the corner.


I made C11 with my Drunkard's block templates making them a little oversize and trimming them down.  I sewed them without pinning thanks to all my practise with curved piecing making a Metro Rings/Double Wedding Ring quilt.


C11 close up.


I finished D11 on Tuesday and because of all the weird and wonderful shapes and angles on this one I chose to use Susan Gatewood's paper piecing templates.


D11 close up.


Here are all the blocks I have made so far.  You can see my Bonnie Hunter Good Fortune quilt behind it on my design wall.  I didn't realise the focus went fuzzy on the right hand side, but you can still see the colours.  Clearly applique and photography are both not my strong suits.


I am still really enjoying making each and every new Dear Jane Block.  It's like starting a new quilt each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment