Wednesday 6 February 2019

Several Productive Days!

From Thursday, when my Dear Jane Group met, until yesterday morning, I have pieced five more Dear Jane blocks, but they deserve their own post.

Yesterday I got out two Valentine's Day themed table runners and decided I also need a Valentine's Day Cushion cover.  You can see  the heart table runner here and the X & O table runner here.  After playing with graph paper and a lot of cutting and sewing (157 pieces to be exact) I ended up with this 19.5" cushion cover which I should be able to get quilted and made into a cushion cover this week.


On the weekend, I was digging through my "kid" prints looking for suitable I-Spy fabrics to make sample blocks for an I Spy Jar quilt our guild is going to make.  I came across 22 disappearing nine patch blocks that were left over from making a baby quilt as well as a few left over scraps.  I decided there was enough fabric to make the minimum size premie quilt for our local hospital.  Last night while I was skype sewing with my friend Marilyn, I got the pieces put together.  It ended up 23.5" x 25.75" and I was able to put the last two blocks together to make a little mug-rug.  I had also pulled out three strips of different bug fabric and decided I could make an I-Spy Jar block.  A full post on the I-Spy Jar blocks is also in the works so this is just a sneak peak.


This morning I got some left over flannel fabric pieced.  It made me happy that these fabrics have bugs and butterflies on them so they go with the top fabric.


I also got the mug rug quilted and fabric for binding picked out.


Isn't the bug mug rug cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment