Saturday 17 October 2020

Gingham Picnic Quilt

I have a Gingham quilt on my bucket list and was planning on making one with fairly large blocks.  I even did a practice run with some 2.5" strips which will either become the front or the back of a comfort quilt.


A couple of days ago I happened upon a quilt pattern called Gingham Picnic Quilt by Amanda of Jedi Craft Girl and I've decided that I have to make this quilt.  And I think I will still make a large scale Gingham which I will use for the backing so it will be a double Gingham Quilt!  I am going to use the same fabric I'm using for Sewcialites for the central stars and I have a bin of solid fabrics that are from a couple of jelly rolls and a fat quarter bundle for the ginghams.

My first block.  I really love how the background colour of the print is the same teal family as the solids.

My second block.  The rose solids bring out the rose colours in the print.


My third block.  There is a tiny bit of blue in the print.

My fourth block.  A variety of purples, violets and pinks.

I couldn't stop, so I now have eight blocks.  Sorry this next picture came out blurry no matter how many times I tried to take it.  Maybe the gingham effect makes it hard to focus?  It gives you an idea of what the quilt will look like though.

I am really loving this!

No comments:

Post a Comment