Thursday 15 October 2020

Dear Jane, Two More Blocks

Today I made two more blocks which completes row A.  I now have 135 of 169 so only 34 left to go!

Somehow I got the central units for A1 turned around so you will see that my block centre looks a little different from the picture.  I thought it was funny that the name given to the block by the person who wrote the book is "Pinwheel Gone Awry".  Since mine went wonky, should mine be called "Pinwheel Gone Awry Awry"?  It looks fine so I am not ripping it out and changing it.

A1 closeup.


I paper pieced A13 as well, but then the sections had to be joined using "Y" seams, and not with just three seams to make the Y, but three seams each side and one on each corner so 16 seams in all!

A13 closeup.

Still having lots of fun making this quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment