Sunday 18 October 2020

Christmas Sewing

I saw a quilt and was intrigued with the way the trees were made so decided to experiment with it and came up with this quilt block.  I like how the silhouette of the tree is simple but the zigzag gives the tree depth.  I think the spotted fabric makes the tree look like it has been decorated.  I'm going to make three more in different greens but with the same spotted fabric trim and the central red corner stone will act like a tree topper on each of them.  It will make a nice table topper.  Before I can finish it though, I need to find some more white tone on tone snowflake fabric.

I don't know if anyone else has come up with this idea or not, but I repurposed a Keurig coffee pod holder to hold my large spools of thread instead.


I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and it work great!

No comments:

Post a Comment