Thursday 1 November 2018

Fat Quarter Shop 2017 Patchwork Qult Along - Almost a Quilt Top

I finished sewing all the small sashing pieces into the rows and then it was time to put long sashing pieces between each row.  This is not my favourite thing to do because it is hard to line up the small sashing rows so they stay in line across the long sashing row.  I remembered seeing a hint to mark the un-sewn side of the sashing strip where the sashing edges run out from underneath it before pressing it open so that is what I did.


When I sewed the next row on, I used the pencil marks to know where to line up the sashing on the next row.  It wasn't perfect, but it worked quite well in my opinion as you can see from looking at the same block above sewn into the quilt top.


Here isthe quilt top with the entire centre sashed and ready for the final border.  The quilt is currently about 50" by 55".


And here is the fabric I am planning to use for the border.  The reds and greens in the border print are the same colours as the lighter red and green prints used in the quilt.


I'll mitre the corners which is not something I do often but will look good with the striped fabric. Well, as long as it turns out well that is....

1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt! It's very Springy and I like the small blocks :)

    ReplyDelete