Wednesday 14 November 2018

A Star Striped Star!

I wasn't even trying to be this accurate with the stripes, but sometimes symmetry just works out.  This is a 12.5" unfinished block.


I love how the centre stripe in the top and bottom hour glass blocks point at each other in the middle.  I was going to sew the centre square with the stripes running vertically instead of horizontally, but the stripes matched up so well with the side hour glass blocks, I had to put them running the same way.  Was it a fluke, or could I produce this again?

3 comments:

  1. Taking after Nana's precision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's possible for me to be that accurate!

      Delete
  2. Ah the neatness of this block. Seams so perfect, that the home ec teacher would be jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete