Thursday 22 November 2018

Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville Mystery "On Ringo Lake" is Now a Finished Quilt Top ...... Kind of ......

I am pleased to say that today, the day before Bonnie Hunter's next mystery quilt starts, I have finished piecing her previous mystery quilt!  
 

It currently measures 76" x 91".  On a 60" wide queen size bed, the drop on each side would only be 8" which is rather skimpy on today's thick mattresses.  If I could add at least 4" on each side, it would then have a 12" drop.   So, I am contemplating doing something to make this quilt bigger.  I am thinking of making nine patches with brown centres and turquoise corners since they already appear in the quilt in the centre of each block and where the sashing meets at each cornerstone.   They would run on point around the quilt and be put together with a combination of peach and brown setting triangles.  I also think I will replace the current corner fabric.  So, back to the sewing room!

#quiltville #quiltvillemystery #onringolakequilt

4 comments: