Monday 29 October 2018

What I'm Currently Working On

After I got the basket quilt top put together, and just before we went away on vacation, I pulled out another project that had the blocks all completed which just required putting them together and adding borders.  These are the blocks from the Fat Quarter Shop 2017 Patchwork Quilt Along.  I got them all laid out on the design wall and have the first two rows sashed together.


Then I got side tracked....  I love watching the Missouri Star Friday Tutorials with Jenny Doan and I really liked this one.   Missouri Star "Time to Sew" youtube quilt tutorial  I didn't follow it exactly but used it as the basis for my blocks.  My half square triangles finish at 2.5" which is half the size of Jenny's and I used them in all the corners of the blocks and did not use sashing.  I sewed twelve blocks together this morning and it is going to become a cover for my Q'nique Sewing Machine.


I have been wanting to make sewing machine covers for awhile now and the spools of thread seemed like the perfect pairing.  You must realize by now how I like themes!


2 comments:

  1. I didn't see the "spools" right away, but of course after you mentioned it, I can't unsee them! Beautiful pattern.

    ReplyDelete