Friday 23 November 2018

Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilts "On Ringo Lake" and "Good Fortune"

Last night I worked out the border I want to add to Bonnie Hunter's "On Ringo Lake" quilt.  It will give me an additional 5" so I will then have a 13" overhang.   Here's a small sample of what it will look like.  I have about one-third of the 74 nine-patches done.


I really didn't think I would participate in this year's mystery quilt because I didn't think I had any suitable fabric and I didn't want to go out and buy any.  However, I remembered I had bought several different bundles of Bonnie and Camille fabric at a garage sale and they might contain suitable colours.  So this is the fabric I decided to use.  Everything is Bonnie and Camille except the larger piece of coral fabric which, coincidentally, was also used in my "On Ringo Lake" quilt.


My blue is darker than Bonnie's and my green is lighter and I am using coral instead of orange, which I prefer.  Since this is a collection of fabric, I know these colours will work with each other.  Red is the same and the neutral background fabric is the same.

This is how much fabric I decided not to use, enough for another quilt.  I could have used turquoise instead of the green, but I think the green adds more pop.


So the first clue today was to make a very large number of fairly small red and neutral four patches.  I have about two-thirds of them done already.


If you are tempted, here's the link to Bonnie Hunter's website and her "Good Fortune" mystery quilt.  I'll be in the sewing room.

#quiltville #quiltvillemystery #onringolakequilt #goodfortunequilt

No comments:

Post a Comment