Thursday 11 April 2019

Squirrel! I mean Bunny!

I have almost all my Kaleidoscope / One Block Wonder half hexagons sewn together but with Easter coming up shortly I was seeing lots of Easter sewing in blog-land.  So I took a little break to create a wall hanging with a chocolate bunny in the centre surrounded by colourful Easter eggs.  I had actually cut out two mirror image chocolate bunnies, but by the time I made flippy corners on all my eggs, the piece of fabric I had left wasn't big enough for two bunnies.  As it was, I had to piece together one of the corner squares.  The eggs are made with a 2.5" x 3.5" rectangle with 1" flippy corners on the pointier end and 1.25" flippy corners on the rounder end of the egg.  I found a printable image of the bunny on the Internet.


I still need to do an applique stitch all around the bunny and quilt the whole thing.  I have a ribbon running underneath the bunny's neck which I will be able to tie in a nice bow once he's finished and I picked out a nice pink button for his eye.  The wall hanging measures approximately 16" x 20".  Now I have to figure out what to do with the other chocolate rabbit I cut out.  I really think the brown fabric does a good job of looking like chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment