Monday 1 April 2019

Dear Jane Quilt - K3, K4, K5, K6 & K7

I was away and didn't get to my Dear Jane group meeting in February, but I made it to the March meeting.  After a frustrating start with paper piecing the first block, I found my grove and finished two and a half blocks by the end of the meeting.  Over the next couple of days I finished the third block and made two more and even though I finished the fifth block on April 1st, I am calling these my Dear Jane blocks for March.

D-3  I chose to make five rings instead of four as it worked out better mathematically.  I chose to piece this one.


D-3 closeup


D-4  I used Susan Gatewood's paperpiecing patterns for this block.  The little wiggle on the bottom will be hidden in the seam allowance.


D-4 closeup


D-5  I used Susan Gatewood's paper piecing patterns for the diamonds.


D-5 closeup


D-6  I also used Susan Gatewood paper piecing patterns for the central X but not for the outer border.


D-6 closeup


D-7  I made a freezer paper template from Susan Gatewood's pattern for this one.


D-7 closeup


I am still enjoying these blocks, although I like the pieced ones more than the applique ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment