Wednesday 3 February 2021

Stitches from the Heart Wall Hanging

I first saw this pattern on Pat Sloan's quilt blog.  The Stitches from the Heart free quilt pattern from Fat Quarter Shop gives instructions for a 12" or a 35" block.  I made the entire thing from leftovers and didn't have enough of the two pink fabrics I used to make 3.5" cut hst's so I used 2.5" cut hst's and ended up with a 24" block.  The background fabric was left over from the backing of a quilt I made for my sister.  Here's my block.

The binding and backing were left overs from fabric I've used in at least three other quilts.  I had to piece the backing with five 5" strips and used the rest to make my binding.  When I finished the binding, I had less than 1" of fabric left, that's cutting it close!  I also pieced my batting from two pieces of left over batting.  Here it is all quilted and bound.

Here's a closeup of the heart and loop quilting which I used before when I made my Nova Scotia Hug quilt so even the quilting was from another project.  I used beige thread to blend in with the background fabric and it blended in quite well with the pink fabrics as well.

I'd like to make this pattern again using 2" cut hst"s in order to end up with an 18" block to make a cushion cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment