Tuesday 9 February 2021

Mayflower Mystery Quilt Along #1

The Mayflower Quilters Guild which I belong to is doing two Mystery Quilt Alongs.  I was able to find enough fabric in my stash to do the first quilt along.  Here's the fabric I'm going to use.


I bought fabric A+B just because I really liked it so I am pleased to find a project for it.
Fabrics C, D & F were all bought at the same time to coordinate with another fabric which I am using for a Kaleidoscope quilt.  I couldn't have picked them to match fabric A+B any better than they do!  I will still have enough left over for my Kaleidoscope quilt.
I bought fabric E because I love gold and red fabrics and checkerboards.
I bought fabric G on sale expecting it to be used as a backing but think it will work well here as the background.

Here are the four patches I made as the first half of Part 1 of  the mystery instructions.


I have spun the seams on the back as instructed.  The little four patch at the centre is just so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment