Thursday 17 January 2019

Dear Jane Quilt, C3, C4, C5, C6 and C7

I didn't get a lot of work done on my Dear Jane Quilt the last half of 2018, but I want to rectify that in 2019.   My 2nd "blog-aversarie" was yesterday so this could be seen as a resolution of sorts.

C3 is a very simple block and I did a bit of strip piecing to put it together.


C3 close up.


The centre of C4 is simple strip piecing and then I chose to paper piece the octagon border.


C4 close up.


C5 started out simply enough with half square triangles  which I then cut with my drunkards path templates making sure that the colours alternated.  I then reverse appliqued the outer black curve on top of each quarter section and then sewed the sections together.


C5 close up.


For C6, I sewed the black orange peel to the corner pieces and then sewed the corner pieces to the central piece.  The curves are quite gentle so I had no issues.  There is the tiniest of pleats near one edge which will end up in the seam allowance.


C6 close up.


C7 has a lot of tiny pieces.  I paper pieced the diamonds framing the central square.  Before adding the corner triangles, I reverse appliqued the larger diamonds.


C7 close up.


For blocks C5, C6 and C7, I used a website I just discovered which has printable templates nicely drawn to scale for paper piecing and applique.  It can be found here:  

http://www.susangatewood.net/mypatterns.html  Susan Gatewood shares a lot of useful information and her website is well worth looking at if you are making or thinking of making a Dear Jane Quilt.

And best of all I am still enjoying making the Dear Jane blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment