Sunday 14 March 2021

Two Drawstring Bags and Progress on the Mayflower Mystery Quilt #1

Earlier in the week I sewed together a drawstring bag to gift the last Snowflake quilt.  I made the drawstring ties and lining with a red polka dot fabric.


On Saturday I sewed together another drawstring bag to gift the baby quilt for my niece.


 The quilt is now all quilted and bound and just requires a bit of embellishment on the bees.  I won't show it on the blog until after she receives it.  Here's a taste of what the quilting looks like on the fleece back though right after I quilted it.  I chose this pantograph because some of the fabrics have little hearts in them and the loopy pattern reminds me of the loopy path the bees have flown.  The scribbly bit of quilting on the upper left is where I was testing the thread tension before starting.  I don't know why the colours of these fabrics don't photograph well.  They are much darker and richer in person.


And after all the odds and ends of sewing done this past week, I finally sewed all the units together for the Mayflower Mystery Quilt #1.  Here are all 840, I mean 84 blocks.


Next week I want to get the snowflake quilt quilted and finish the Bee quilt for my niece and get both in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment