Saturday 13 March 2021

Bosom Buddy and an Easy Bag

A friend is going through breast cancer treatment (the prognosis is good) and finding the seatbelt uncomfortable.  I remember seeing a pattern for a Bosom Buddy By Annie and decided to make it for her.  There is a wide padded section with a sleeve attached to it which goes around the seat belt and closes with hook and loop tape.  Here it is with the sleeve open.


Here it is with the sleeve closed.


And in order to gift it I needed a bag.  I had been wanting to try out the Easy Grocery Bag from the Fabric Shop.  The pattern is here and the YouTube Tutorial is here.  Next time I think I would turn under the edges of the handles first before sewing the side seam as it would be less awkward and I would not cut the selvedges off and then the bottom of the bag would be stronger because it couldn't fray.  I chose to sew French seams on the sides of the bag to enclose the raw edges of the fabric and I made my handles about 2 inches shorter than the pattern which made the bag bigger.  Here's my bag.


I thought this fabric looked like it could have easily been wrapping paper. I ironed creases so you would know to fold the bag in thirds to roll it up and here's what it looks like all rolled up and held with the elastic and button.  Very convenient to throw in your purse so you're never without a bag.


On my next bag I think I will leave the button off and use a hair tie as the elastic since  you can simply slip the elastic around the bag to hold it rolled up, no button required.  I expect I will be making more of these bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment