Thursday 25 March 2021

Minecraft Quilt

The Minecraft Quilt is now in one piece.  I sashed and bordered it with black fabric like the sew along.  However, since a lot of the blocks were just shades of gray and various blocks had different colours in them which didn't appear in any other blocks, I decided to border each block with a contrasting coloured fabric which appeared somewhere else in the quilt.  I really like Wither Skeleton with it's violet border which came from Ender's eyes I also like Slime's facial expression.  I thought the TNT block fit perfectly in the centre of the quilt, first because it was so bright, but also because it isn't a face like the rest of the blocks.


I think it turned out great!  Now to get some backing fabric and get this quilted and bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment