Wednesday 24 March 2021

Minecraft Quilt

The baby quilt for my niece Elizabeth and her partner Noam is in the mail for her virtual baby shower.  I didn't know the baby's older brother Blue when he was a baby so he didn't receive a baby quilt from me so I thought I would rectify that by making him a quilt now.  After some discussion it was decided Blue would love a Minecraft quilt.  I know nothing about Minecraft.....but luckily for me there is a Minecraft Sew Along by Kelli Fannin Quilt Design of Seriously I think it needs stitches.  I asked Blue to pick his 9 favourite characters so I could make him a 60" square lap quilt.  The blocks finish at 12".  So here are the nine characters Blue picked and the blocks I made:

Wolf


TNT

Herobrine


Slime


Siamese Cat


Wither Skeleton


Cave Spider


Zombie Pigman


Enderman


I had a ton of fun making these blocks!  This quilt will likely be the start of a new tradition where I will make each of the nieces and nephews a lap quilt when they get into the double digits.

No comments:

Post a Comment