Saturday 18 April 2020

Tulip Wall Hanging

I was bogged down making face coverings on Friday.  (I am purposely not using the word "m.a.s.k." as google is blocking pictures in postings using the "m" word)  I decided to work on something more spring like and what could feel more like spring than tulips, daffodils or crocus.  It helped that Jenny's tutorial this week was a triple play on totally tulips!  I just used fabrics from my scrap bins for this so I was quite pleased to find two similar greens for the background and sashing.  The background greens are actually much nicer looking in person....  This first picture turned out rather foggy, but the next one is better.


I had to make my stems a little wider than intended, but that was my mistake, not the fault of the pattern.  I also made the binding out of the same fabric as the stems.  I like a dark frame on a wall hanging.


Once I got this out of my system I was back to making "m's".  I am trying out a few patterns to find what fits the best and is the easiest to construct.

No comments:

Post a Comment