Friday 3 April 2020

Bonnie Hunter's Sew-In-Place Quiltville Mystery Unity Quilt Along

I couldn't resist......Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville is doing a Sew-In-Place Unity Quilt Along for anyone who wants to sew "together" while we are all social distancing at home.  It's going to be a medallion quilt, which is on my bucket lists.  The instructions for the central block came out last Monday and instructions for each subsequent ring of blocks will come out each following Monday.  Bonnie is using three colours - red, blue, turquoise and a neutral.  I'm using primrose, olive, gold and gray as my neutral.  Here are my fabrics and a floral fabric I used as my inspiration.  Maybe I will be able to use the floral fabric in a final border.  The greens aren't an exact match but it was as good as I could do without going shopping and I really like that the olive green I have chosen also has gold and primrose in it.


Here are the pieces of the first block laid out for the central medallion.  This picture was taken in more natural light, even though it was rather a dull day so the colours are more accurate.


Here is the central block and a row of sashing finished and ready for next Monday's instructions.


I'm really happy with the look of the fabrics together - they turned out even better than I imagined!

#quiltville   #quiltvillemystery   #sewinplace   #unityquiltalong   #unityquilt   @quiltville_bonnie

1 comment:

  1. I really like this palette together as well. Great choices! This pattern look kaleidoscopic :)

    ReplyDelete