Thursday 5 March 2020

Lost and Found, Six Years Later!

Six years ago, I left the department where I was employed for thirty-two years to spend my last three working years elsewhere.  I had a sewing project in my desk which I brought home when I went to the new work site.  I had been looking for it off and on over the years and especially as I was cleaning up my sewing area and itemizing all my works in progress the last couple of months.  I could not find it anywhere and was about to give it up for lost.  My husband is insulating our basement walls and because of that he is having to move a lot of things around.  Last night he came across a bag of coloured plastic bags in the laundry room which I had been collecting and using when I was making fused plastic bags.  Here's a picture of one of the bags I made.


He threw the bags into the recycling for pickup tomorrow.  Luckily he noticed there might be something else in there that wasn't just a plastic bag.  He pulled out a quilting magazine, a partial ball of crochet cotton with a crocheted snowflake in progress and the sewing project I had been looking for.  Yeah!  I am so glad this project did not end up at the curb tonight hidden in the recycling bag!


The project is a wall hanging called Free Range by www.beecreativestudio.com.  (The website appears to no longer exist.)  I have the background totally made and had started glue basting the applique chicken pieces to freezer paper.


I'll add this to my work in progress list.  Does it count as a UFO if you weren't able to find it in order to work on it?

Have I mentioned before that I like chickens?  Maybe you noticed the cushion cover on the trunk has chickens on it too.....

1 comment:

  1. Good find!! I think those recycled plastic bags are ingenious! If you ever start them up again :)
    Also, before the reveal of what lost project was in the bag, I thought maybe it could be the green crocheted shawl with coloured flecks that you started for me hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete