Friday 26 October 2018

Away from the Sewing Machine on the Danube

My husband Gregg and I along with my cousin Pam and her husband Keith just spent two weeks travelling from Prague to Budapest.  Part of the trip was a river cruise on the Danube.  We had a great time!  Here are a few "quilty" pictures from our trip.

In Prague, there was a sewing store only a few blocks away from our hotel.  We saw it at night so it was closed.


This cobbled sidewalk could be very easily translated into a quilt pattern.


In Budapest, there was a sewing machine right inside the door of a restaurant we went to on a taste testing tour.


And the best sight of all, Saint Stephen's Cathedral in Budapest is roofed with hexagon flowers.


Now that we're home and mostly recovered from jet lag I should be posting more regularly....

4 comments:

  1. I love how your quilter’s eye sees patterns in roofs and sidewalks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, I wish I could have taken more pictures of cobblestone patterns, but usually too many people were walking by to get a clear picture.

      Delete