Friday 9 April 2021

Progress on Dear Jane

On Thursday I was able to work on Dear Jane and I made four more blocks for the final row M.  I pieced them all.

M1 I chose to piece the centre differently than the checkerboard on the diagonal with triangular corners so then I had to just add strips around it.  I chose to make the black line thinner than pictured also.


M1 closeup.


M13 was a block that leant itself to using a Cathedral window technique.


M13 closeup.


M2


M2 closeup.


M12 was easily made with strip piecing.


M12 closeup.  Sorry, I didn't realize this block was so out of focus.


I also sewed column 1 and 13 to my top so here's a picture of the centre of the quilt complete except for the bottom row M and showing the triangles I have done so far for the top border.


I only have 9 more blocks to make and then 47 more triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment