Monday 28 December 2020

3 Christmas Quilts - Jelly Snowflake Mystery Quilt Along Finishes and 2 Matching Gift Bags

 I didn't plan to be away from the blog for this long, but all of the sewing I was occupied with was for Christmas and mostly presents for people who look at the blog and I didn't want anyone peeking!

First off here is a finish to the Jelly Snowflake Mystery Quilt Along I was working on as the clues were being given out.  This is a picture taken today on our deck with just a recent skiff of snow.  I kept this quilt for ourselves and it was on a chair in the living room, but we had a green Christmas this year and it was quite warm so no one needed to snuggle under it, maybe next year.

I quilted it with snowflakes, of course, and it has a nice soft plaid flannel backing.

I then made two more totally in flannel on the pieced fronts and the solid backing and binding.  The pink quilt has polar bears in hats and scarves and was made for a four year old and the red quilt has penguins in hats and vests and was made for a six year old.  Both girls are my s-i-l's nieces.

To gift these two quilts, I made two flannel gift bags lined with cotton fabric to make their insides a little more slippery and a little sturdier.  I based the gift bags on this bag tutorial from Jeni Baker of In Color Order.  Sorry, I didn't realize this photo was blurry until after the quilts were mailed so could not retake the photo.

I plan to make two more of these flannel snowflake quilts before the winter is over for gifting to my d-i-l's niece and nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment