Wednesday 30 December 2020

2 More Gift Bags

Yesterday I showed a picture which included a drawstring giftbag.  I made it for my father's Christmas presents.  He's already given it back to me so that I can fill it up again for next year!

I made the gift box block using this tutorial and pattern from Tiny Orchard Quilts.  I then turned the gift block into a drawstring gift bag based on this tutorial from Jeni Baker of In Color Order.  I fussy cut the ribbons on the gift box block from a striped fabric.

I then made another gift bag but fancied it up a bit by making the bow on the gift bag in 3D.  I followed this Missouri Star Tutorial on making 3D pinwheels but only used two sections instead of four for the bow.

Here's the gift bag I made for my sister's Christmas present.  I added some of the striped fabric around the top of the bag too.

I made my sister's gift bag before I had fully decided what I was making my sister for Christmas, so it was a tight fit, but I managed to get it in there.  It made it more compact for mailing.


It might be better next time to know what size bag is required by making the present first!  You can see a sneak peek of my sister's present behind the gift bag which I'll talk about in my final Christmas sewing post.

No comments:

Post a Comment