Thursday 24 September 2020

Dear Jane - 8 more Blocks and 1 more Triangle

 Last week I paper pieced triangle TR11.


And TR11 closeup.

Yesterday I pieced 5 more blocks.

Here is A7 done "cathedral window" style.

A7 closeup.

Here is A6 a very easy block to just piece.

A6 closeup.

Bock A8 was very simple too, but I did paper piece it.


A8 closeup.


Block A5 was an easy one to paper piece.


A5 closeup.

Block A9 had a few more pieces and worked well to paper piece.


A9 closeup.

Today I pieced 3 more blocks.  First up is A4.  I paper pieced the centre and just pieced the easy border.


A4 closeup.


A10 was fairly complicated to piece.  I did a cathedral window centre to give me the melon shape and then the triangles were added with some curved piecing and Y seams.  This took me a couple of hours to piece.


A10 closeup.  It's a little wonky but will be fine once it's sashed.


Then for some reason I made block A2 with a couple of errors... but I like it so it will stay the way it is.  I paper pieced it but inadvertently mixed up the colours of the half-square triangles in the four corners.  The yellow triangles should have been pointing out instead of in.  The biggest problem was I should not have made it yellow as I already had two yellow blocks for this row.  All is not lost as I will trade it for a block from another row where I need a yellow and make that block for this row.


A2 closeup.


When you start making booboos, it's a sign to pack it in for the day though.  Still having fun and more than half of row A is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment