Thursday 10 September 2020

Dear Jane 121 blocks and 8 triangles

Well, I didn't plan on taking nearly a 3 month blogging break, but I guess that's what happened!  Just because I wasn't blogging, however, doesn't mean I wasn't sewing.  I finished two quilts and worked on lots of others.  I'll catch up on the two finished quilts in other blog posts soon.

Since today was Thursday, it was a Dear Jane Quilt day.  I last worked on Dear Jane in June and had completed 121 blocks set 11 x 11 but did not take a picture of them as I had not attached column L yet.  Today I attached column L and also added sashing on all four sides.  Now I am ready to work on all the row 1 blocks, all the column A blocks, all the column M blocks and all the row 13 blocks which will be the final row of blocks all around and get me to 13 x 13 blocks.  Then, of course, I still have a few triangles to complete.....  I started out today with 7 made and completed TR3 so now have 8 of 56 made.

First off, here is my quilt top with 121 blocks set 11 x 11 and measuring 60" square.  You can also see my first 7 triangles.

Here is triangle TR3 which I paper pieced today.

TR3 closeup.

Looking forward to the home stretch on this quilt!

1 comment: