Monday 21 September 2020

Bryan and Catherine's Chic Kisses Wedding Quilt Finish

I stopped showing progress pictures just before finishing my son and d-i-l's wedding quilt so that they would be able to see it first in person.  Then summer arrived and I stopped blogging for the summer.

Here is a picture of the finished quilt top before quilting:


Here's a closeup of the flower quilting I did using a paper pantograph called Flander's Poppies by Hermione Agee.

And here's the entire quilt.  I rounded the corners of the quilt to echo the corner rings and bound it with one of the brightest fabrics from the collection.

Here's another picture with me peeking out from behind.

And I did get the label made and sewn on before the wedding......my least favourite part of quilt making.

Here's a picture of the quilt on their bed.

And one of their favourite photos from their backyard covid wedding!


It feels kind of nice not to have a quilt with a deadline looming so I am free to sew whatever I want now.

1 comment: