Thursday 16 January 2020

My Third Year Blog-Iversary and More Quilt Room Organisation

Three years ago I wrote my first blog post on the first Monday after I retired.  I am still smiling about the retirement part and still enjoying blogging, although I don't blog as often as I anticipated I would in the beginning.  Blogging is more time consuming than I expected it would be, maybe I proof read too many times.....

Here are some more organisation pictures of my sewing room.  This shows my full design wall and my ironing, or should I say, pressing station.


All the Dear Jane blocks I've made so far are on the design wall.  The grey wooden bench helps me reach the top of the design wall.  I have a shelf above the ironing board and it holds some tools, glue, starch, water and the iron when it's cooled down.  The picture frame under the shelf has a picture of Marilyn and I and another quilter when we worked together and made yearly raffle quilts for United Way.  I use white board markers on the glass and list my priorities on it.







In front of my sewing table is a four drawer cabinet.



The bottom two drawers hold my neutral stash.

One drawer has off white to beige to light brown solids and tone on tones which I use mainly as background fabrics in my quilts.  I prefer using off white to bright white for backgrounds.

The other drawer has whites to grays to blacks.  Some are solids and tone on tones but there are also quite a few black and white prints.





The top two drawers hold coloured fabrics that are at least a fat quarter or more in size.

The top drawer has cool colours, greens, blues and purples.  It also has some "rainbow" or multi-coloured fabrics with either black or white backgrounds.

The next drawer has warm colours, yellows, oranges and reds as well as a few pinks.

Most of these fabrics were bought with a specific project in mind and are left overs, but a few were bought because they were on sale and I liked them and knew I would use them in a future unspecified project.





The top two drawers were nice and tidy already, but I had to do some folding to get the bottom two drawers photo ready.  A few pieces of fabric that were smaller than a fat quarter got added to my rainbow scrap buckets.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Blog-Iversary!!! 🕯️🕯️🕯️ You continually inspire me Mum! Keep it up :D

    ReplyDelete