Wednesday 5 May 2021

Mayflower Mystery Quilt #1 Top Completed

I sewed all the blocks together several weeks ago and found time this week to cut out the inner and outer borders and get them attached to the quilt.  I actually cut my borders narrower than in the instructions as I wanted the finished quilt to be within the size range required to donate to Quilts of Valour Canada.  Here it is with the inner border added.


And here it is with the outer border added.


The pictures don't show the fabric used in the inner border very well, so here's a close up.  I'm also going to use this same fabric for the binding.


Now to get it quilted and donated.  I plan to quilt it with yellow/gold thread.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! Gold or yellow thread will look fantastic. A good cause too!

    ReplyDelete