Saturday 8 May 2021

Dear Jane - Another Milestone

In my last Dear Jane post, I had made and sewn together all the central blocks.  Now I have sewn the four more triangles required to complete the top row and the top row is sewn together in one piece!

First up, on 29 April, I paper pieced block TR2.


On 1 May I made TR 12 which involved a bit of piecing and applique.  I chose to have the top arch of fabric go from one edge to the other instead of almost to each edge which would have involved applique instead of just simple curved piecing.  The leaf is applique and I'm still not great at it.....


On Friday 6 May I paper pieced block TR1.


And I also paper pieced TR 13.  There were two applique petal shapes which I chose not to add.  I think it looks just fine without them.


Then I got all 13 triangles sewn together with 14 black background triangles.  Here's a picture of my top row and the centre of my quilt.


So happy this is progressing well!  I just have to sew the top row to the quilt and start working on the second row of triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment