Tuesday 5 January 2021

First Project of the Year - A Baby Quilt

My father's care giver asked me a few weeks ago if I could make a baby quilt for her niece.  I agreed and showed her some fabric I already had which she liked so that made things easy.  Here's the fabric I showed her.


I don't usually buy panels, but I got this fabric bundle at a yard sale from another quilter who was downsizing.  It was too good a deal to pass up!  There were stars in quite a few of the fabrics so I decided to make some star blocks to make the panel wide enough for a crib quilt.  I fussy cut the centres of the stars and chose various fabrics for the star points so the stars are all different.  Since the sashing on the printed panel was red, I used one of the red fabrics to sash the stars and since the panel had dark blue at the top and bottom, I decided to add a border of blue fabric.  Here is the completed quilt top.

I think it is cute.  Kim wanted more green in the quilt, so I will be looking for a green flannel fabric for the backing and then all that will be left is quilting and binding which I should be able to easily complete within the next week.  I also will be looking for a quilting design including stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment