Thursday 26 November 2020

Dear Jane Quilt, Two More Blocks

The last couple of Thursdays, which is the day I usually work on my Dear Jane quilt, I worked on some Christmas projects instead.  However, the last Thursday of the month is the day that our little group of "Dear Janer's" get together for a zoom chat so I sewed up a couple of blocks.

First up is block F1 which I paper pieced.  A few of you will likely notice that my block is spinning in the opposite direction to Jane's, oh well....

F1 closeup.


I took one look at F13 and decided I really didn't care for it and not just because of the appliqueing it would involve.....😱 so I simplified it and made it with squares and some snowballed corners to create diagonal lines.  I thought my diagonal lines would be a little narrower, but they will do.  If you squint I think my block and Jane's are similar enough.


F13 closeup.


With these two blocks, I have now completed rows A to F.  I now have 144 of 169 blocks made, only 25 to go.  Still loving making this quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment