Monday 2 November 2020

Appliqued Candy Dish Runner Finished

I actually finished this Candy Dish table runner by Edyta Sitar in late August, early September.  I quilted the basket part of it with black thread since the base and handles were black to help differentiate the basket from the background since the colours were similar.  I then did an allover dense quilting pattern in the background.  Here's a close up of one basket.


Here's what the whole runner looks like on my bureau.


Just for fun, here's a picture of the runner held up to the light of the deck door for a stained glass affect.


I didn't have a lot of fabric to bind this quilt and actually used two different but similar pieces.  I did a new to me technique using a strip of fabric which was 1.75" wide instead of my usual 2.5" but still gave double fold binding using this tutorial.  It lays really flat so works well for a table runner or something small or, like me, if you are running short on fabric.  I would use this method again in a similar situation but like using 2.5" strips of fabric for a large quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment