Monday 18 November 2019

Update on Bryan and Catherine's Wedding Quilt

I have been doing a lot of sewing, 1,300 seams to be exact.  I sewed 128 triplets, 64 beginning and ending with teal/turquoise fabric and 64 beginning and ending with peachy fabric.


Then I sewed the remaining 512 pairs into 256 quads.


And then the 256 quads into 128 octets(?).  Here are the triplets and octets waiting to be sewn into elevenses(?).


And here are the final 128 fans, 64 starting and ending with teal/turquoise and 64 starting and ending with peachy fabric.  (Actually, there are 65 of each, one extra in case of a sewing emergency.)


The fabrics are a little brighter and more colourful combined together than I had imagined.  Here are some of the fans laid out with their matching triangle ends on top of the background fabric.


I like it, but I think I will have to check if Bryan and Catherine like where this quilt is headed before I continue.....

No comments:

Post a Comment