Thursday 9 May 2019

Sewing Machine Cover Cat Applique - Applique and Quilting Completed

Wow, time has flown, I didn't realise it was two and a half weeks since I last did a blog post.  I have been sewing on several projects, although I haven't finished anything.  I have almost completed my Sewing Machine Cover with the cat applique on the front though.  After I appliqued all the chocolate Easter bunnies, I got the cat out and started appliqueing his body which was a bit more intricate than the bunnies.  My sewing buddy Marilyn gave me the idea of using the magnifying light to see if it would help me see better, and it certainly did.


After I took the above picture, I also switched to an open toe foot so had a totally clear view of  the stitching line which helped me sew even more accurately.  It also helped my posture because instead of leaning forward to try to see what I was doing, I actually had to lean back a bit from the magnifying glass and sit up straight to see clearly.














Here are detail shots of one of his paws from the back, just for fun, and from the front showing how closely I was able to follow the contours of his toes because of the magnifying glass and the open toe foot.



















Here's the cat all appliqued, quilted and with embroidered whiskers.  I love his mischievous face and big feet!


Now I just have to decide what the back of the cover will be made out of and get it sewn together.

1 comment:

  1. The typical cat sprawl on your things and cattitude: "what... it's not for me?"

    ReplyDelete