Thursday 6 September 2018

Double Wedding Ring / Metro Rings, My Daughter and Son-in-law Opening the Quilt

We had a wonderfully full long weekend with beautiful weather for the day of wedding prep, the actual wedding day and then a breakfast the morning after.  My husband also officially retired with his last day of work the Monday before the wedding and now we are into September when all the activities start back up, but we are both still in vacation mode.

Here is half of the quilt drying out on the line at home.  I decided to round the corners which made binding go really fast with no stopping to have to mitre the corners.  The curves were gentle enough that I got away without using bias binding.  I bound it with the background fabric which I don't think I have done before but suited this quilt well, I think.


And here are some pictures of it being opened at the post wedding breakfast.




Now I have to finish putting the blocks of a quilt together and get it quilted before our guild starts up.  I just checked the calendar and that is two weeks from today!  Yikes!  Heading to the sewing room.

Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift! The rounded corners work perfectly. I like that as a time saving idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I will use it a quick technique if I get the chance again too.

      Delete
  2. What a lucky couple!!! Their quilt is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are So lucky to have such a beautiful gift made by a very special person ♥
    I love the rounded edges and the colour transitions in the rings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous quilt and such an adorable couple!!! Them kissing behind the quilt just melted my heart. Love everything about this quilt and this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments. I was looking at the Aurora Wedding Quilt you made this morning. Love your choice of colours!

      Delete
  5. It's a beautiful quilt! I especially love the rounded corners! I was always going to try this myself.

    ReplyDelete