Thursday 23 August 2018

Double Wedding Ring / Metro Rings, Started Quilting Background

I finished quilting all the rings yesterday and started to think how I wanted to quilt the white background.  I had looked at pictures on line and was pretty sure how I wanted to quilt the oval shapes, but not totally sure for the other shape.  I decided to practise some designs without any thread in the machine which would just leave needle perforations.  It worked great and helped me decide what to do.

Here is a picture of the first full row of rings with the background completed which means one sixth of the quilt is finished.


And here's a close up of one of the rings.


I decided to use rulers to guide the background quilting too.  I think it would look funny if I switched the method on half of the quilt.  The only downside is I do have to mark some guide lines which takes a bit of time too.  Even if I only complete a row of rings a day and take a day to bind, I will be finished by next Wednesday and the wedding isn't until the following Sunday.  Loads of time!

1 comment: