Saturday 18 August 2018

Double Wedding Ring / Metro Rings Quilt, Quilting the Rings Started

I got the backing fabric on my frame and went to put the batting on and realised the only batting I had was the unbleached cotton kind.  Where the background fabric of this quilt is bright white, I didn't want to risk the unbleached colour showing through and dulling the white so I had to go get some white batting.  My husband helped me roll the batting on the roller, it is so much easier to do with two people.  I got the top on the frame and started quilting the rings in gray thread.  Here's a peek.  Don't look too closely though some of it is a little wiggly.  If I were better at free motion, I could be doing this quickly fee hand, but I am using rulers so it is going slow.


I now have one third of the rings quilted and it took approximately 7 hours.  Once all the rings are done, I will switch to white thread and start quilting the white areas.

1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful! I like the diamond shapes that it creates ��

    ReplyDelete